May 9, 2010

Peyton's First Plane Ride!

Well for my birthday, my wonderful husband surprised me with a plane ticket to go see my best friend Michelle in Kansas! Michelle has a daughter that is 11 days older than Peyton named Audrey! So it was a treat for both of us!

I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous about flying with her for the first myself...and have I mentioned I'm 6 months pregnant. But if we were ever going to go out there to visit, this was the time. Peyton was free because she was under two (only 2 months left to where we did not have to pay for her) and I could only fly for a couple more weeks before the Doctor put the nix on that. So it was perfect timing.

Well since Michelle has flown with Audrey so many times she helped Paul figure out which times were best to fly with the little ones and what days were best. So we were scheduled to fly out there at 9am Saturday morning. But little did we know what would happen...

So we spent the night at my parents house the night before, since it was closer to the airport than Athens and we would not have to wake up so early...but I still had to wake up at 5:30 and woke Peyton up at 6 and we were out the door. Checked bags, made it through security, and was sitting at the gate at 7:40am for our 9am flight. we thought...until a lovely woman came on the intercom above telling us that our flight had been canceled due to weather. So I kindly went up to the desk and asked when the next flight was...4PM.....4PM!!! WHAT?? Ok so now I have a toddler, in the airport at 8am and we cannot get on a plane until 4pm...Great...So I called my parents...who had just made it back to Marietta, and told them the news. So they happily turned around, headed back to the airport and picked us up...I cannot tell you how wonderful my parents are. They are truly the BEST EVER!!

We headed back to Marietta and waited, and waited, and waited. Luckily we had been checking the flights all day and my 4pm flight got pushed back to almost we waited some more...and headed back to the airport for round 2.

Our flight was 2 hours long and Peyton was great for about half of it. Mind you, she had woken up early, had only a 45min nap and is almost 2. Everything in my bag of tricks that I had packed for her didn't completely work after a long day and that late in the day. Sooooo it could have been better, could have been worse. We arrived in Kansas City around 8pm, ate dinner and drove for 1 1/2 hours to Michelle's house...It was a long day.  But I was glad to be there!!

Here are some pic's from the plane! More to come on the week in Kansas!

P waving to me before our flight!

P sitting in her big girl seat on the plane.
Luckily no one was sitting directly next to us, so she did not have to sit on my lap the entire time!

This was just about the time she kept trying to kick the guy next to her who was trying to sleep...sooooooo she had to sit in my lap again...not fun for Ma'ma!



Email me at:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by 2008

Back to TOP